Saturday, May 17, 2014

Arriving in Accra.

Four hours from SLC to JFK and 10 hours from JKF to ACC in a completely packed airplane makes a full day. I always tell myself I have the formula for beating jet lag but I never do. The result was waking up somewhere between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. and then getting up to be in the office at 8:00 while trying to remember what it is that has been said. Jane Curtis had it right, about one day of jet lag for each hour of time change. I noticed a contest advertised here for five days and four nights in Singapore. I was right in the middle of jet lag and said to myself that would be four nights of jet lag in Singapore followed by four more back in Ghana when the trip was over. Some award. We had heard from a number of people how nasty hot the weather is here. Actually, having been to Italy in August several times prepared us for the heat just as living in New Hampshire during the summer prepared us for the humidity. It really is hot and it is humid but that is part of the package of living in this fascinating and adventuresome place, just like living with snow and freezing temperatures is part of the package that is Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment